Coal Phase Out Campaigner
Greenpeace Romania is seeking high energy self-starter for the Coal Phase Out Campaign.
We live in an ever-changing society, and we need Change Agents now more than ever. The climate emergency humanity faces needs determined action. Coal is the dirtiest fossil fuel, and even if it is a part of our past, its age is dawning. Decarbonation of the Energy Sector is vital for our survival, and meeting the Paris Agreement target is mandatory. Romania is lagging behind and lacks ambition in the Energy Sector, so our new colleague will campaign to change the course to green and renewable energy.
Greenpeace is an international non-profit campaigning organisation. We investigate and expose global environmental problems, confront those in positions of power and present alternative solutions.
Our Campaigners are at the front line of Greenpeace’s essential work. These invaluable individuals develop strategies, plans and tactics, and undertake and implement project work. Campaign techniques span investigation and research, public, political and corporate work, the use of traditional and new media, science, the law and non-violent direct action.
- Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
- Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
- Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation. Complete evaluation reports as required, follow-up on the recommendations and lesson learned accordingly.
- Undertake the appropriate research, utilizing information in the pursuit of campaign objectives.
- Manage your workload effectively, adhering to individual campaign project deadlines.
- Act as a representative of Greenpeace to external bodies / the media when required.
- Work openly and cooperatively within the team, adapting as appropriate, sharing the administration work, developing colleagues, and taking part in self-evaluation on the completion of team campaign projects.
- Supervise external consultants, volunteers, interns or other GP employees from other departments, as requested, depending on needs of the project/ campaign.
- You are experienced with lobbing, investigations, negotiations, communication and public speaking
- You understand the roles that science, politics, economy, industry, media and social changes can play in a campaign
- You have knowledge on coal mining industry and Romanian energy market and legislation
- You have proven project management skills
- You are a professional and deliver high class products in all areas of your work, and you reach personal and team SMART targets
- You have a good command of the English language (reading, speaking and writing)
- You are well organized, know how to prioritize and work independently as well as in a national and regional team
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are knowledge sharing toward team and other persons taking part in the campaign
- You value diversity and are innovative, especially taking into consideration the core Greenpeace values
- You are flexible, independent, proactive and willing to travel
Nice to have:
- Experience in regional sustainable development strategy
- Community building experience
- Experience in dealing with authorities
- Facilitation skills
In exchange for your commitment and expertise we can offer you a friendly, fast-paced, immensely rewarding working environment where creativity is encouraged, ideas are supported, every day is different and where there is ample opportunity for personal development.
Join us and you'll be part of an action-led, ambitious organisation which also prides itself on being an inspiring place to work.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply!